Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On family

My husband (Puddleduck, aka PD) and I were discussing family the other day.
This never ends well.

PD: I'm just saying that we're better people than them, that's all.
Me: Really?
PD: Well, not in a charitable contribution way, just in a ... well, we're just way more interesting then them.
Me: Oh, no! I think she's fascinating! In a case study way, but fascinating, still!

and

Me: She says his family ends every holiday with Beer Pong.
PD: What is that? Like, beer ping-pong?
Me: I have no idea. If I asked her, she'd know I wasn't cool!
PD: Well, look on Wikipedia, I'm sure they have an entry on beer pong.
Me: Wha ... fine
*furious wiki-ing ensues*
Me: Ok, so, it you line beers cups up kinda like bowling pins ... then you try and bounce balls in? And then the loser has to drink the cup you make it into? Although, there is also a version with paddles ... do I have to look up the version with paddles?
PD: No! God! How did I become the Frasier Crane of my family? I don't like highbrow things! I'm not a foodie, I've never been to an opera, I just don't want to drink beer from a cup that's had a ping pong ball in it!

We're so not getting a Christmas card from them this year ...

No comments: